- Born in Canada but grew up moving between NY, NJ and Georgia.
- My father was born in the Fiji Islands and my mother was born in South Africa and my sister was born in the US.
- As a child, I grew up in ashrams practicing yoga and meditation, which I attribute to the biggest influence on my personal philosophy and way of living
- I grew up dreaming of changing the world and, today, I focus on changing the world by living consciously.
- I went to University of Michigan (Go blue!) and studied economics, math and the world. In my last year at Michigan, I gave up my math major, so I could focus on writing. During that time, I worked in a maximum security prison, where I learned about the human experience.
- I have worked in investment management, semi-conductors, management consulting and at non-profits. My former boss once said, “One day, I am sure there will be two pictures hanging behind your desk: Warren Buffett and Mahatma Gandhi.”
- I did my Yoga Teacher Training and just finished my first 10-day silent meditation. I practice yoga and meditation regularly.
- I walked the Camino de Santiago (a 900km pilgrimage across Northern Spain)
- I have run the NYC Marathon and the D.C. Half-Marathon.
- I have been blessed to have the opportunity to travel through dozens of countries around the world.
- Intention: I have a strong understanding of why I do what I do. And, I create friendships and partnerships with individuals and organizations that do as well.
- Mindfulness: I am mindful of my decisions and their implications. I recognize the human aspect of everything.
- Trust: I focus on building relationships and partnerships based on mutual trust.
- Innovation and Excellence: I strive to be innovative and reach excellence.
- Sustainability: I am a sustainable financially, environmentally, culturally, socially and spiritually.
- Humility and Learning: I am humble and always learning and trying new ideas.
- Service: I am here to serve, support and pay-it-forward by doing as much good as possible.
Writing and Speaking
- Blogging here at krishanvp.com
- Games for Change Speaker July 2011: Extending learning both within the classroom and without the classroom
- Speaker at the Deshpande Institute October 2010 “Breaking Down Problems” (not recorded)
My Reading List
- ZenHabits.net, James Altutcher, Chris Billegueus’s The Art of Non-Conformity, Rolf Pott’s The Art of Vagabonding
- DailyGood.org, iJourney.org, KarmaTube
- Bhagavad Gita, Dhammapada and Upanishads
- Gurumayi Chidvalasnanda
- Dalai Lama
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Swami Vishnudevananda
- Thich Naht Hanh
None of these views on my Twitter Feed, Google Plus, this Blog or any other social media are not the views of my clients or employers.
Krishanvp.com by Krishan Patel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.